Thursday, January 10, 2013

Never Grow Up

My very favorite room in my house is Olivia's bedroom.  It is so.......classic little girl.  Pale pink paint, vintage pieces from my own childhood, pretty lighting, a window seat and a beautiful weeping cherry tree right outside that very window that in the spring, blooms the exact same color as the paint on her walls. 

Each night after I have tucked her in and I am closing the door I think, "I have to get a picture of this room-the way it is right now at this very instant!" but I never have.  My opportunity came the other night when I heard her in her room playing when she should have already been asleep for hours.  I crept in there, camera in hand and just let her play and do her thing.  She sang,talked and read until I finally told her she had to get back into her bed.

 I wish I could freeze time.  I wish I could keep her little and home with me for a few more years....I refuse to put her in any other extracurricular activity besides preschool right now because I can't stand the thought of letting her go out into the world any sooner than I have to.  I have enjoyed having her all to myself and I'm not ready to share yet. ;)

 Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little


Taylor Swift~Never Grow Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers